Heart Working Volunteer Day
February 11, 2018
Join us for a day of volunteer work and lots of social activity like raffle items, food, and a special appearance from Dani Alexander of Houston Animal Activisim.
Volunteer work will include repairing roadways, painting, cleaning poop, fixing fences, trenching, etc
Special Appearance: Dani Alexander of Houston Animal Activism
Dani Alexander is a growing figure of the Animal Rights community. She worked to form several animal activism organizations. She has been a notable member of PETA for her work against SeaWorld and the dog labs of Texas A&M, and was instrumental in the removal of mink lashes from a local eyelash retailer. Dani lives and works in Houston, Texas.
- Anonymous for the Voiceless
- Animal Save
- Vegans UofH
- Galveston Dolphin/Sea Life
- Orientation and Q&A: 10am-10:45am
- Volunteer Work: 11am-1:15pm
- Lunch, Raffle and Speech by Dani Alexander: 1pm-2:30pm
- Volunteer Work: 2:30pm-4pm
- Final Raffle & End of Volunteer Day: 4pm
- Optional Watch or Help Feed the Animals: 4pm-5pm
- Beth Lily Redwood artwork
- Sinfull Bakery goodies
- Cowspiracy DVDs
- What the Health Book
- V-Dog dog treats
- Carbon Dharma Books
- Carbon Yoga Books
- RGS Swag
A vegan lunch truck will be selling vegan burgers, hotdogs, grilled cheese and mac & cheese.
Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and MUST ATTEND the orientation where the safety rules and procedures will be explained. If you are unable to make orientation you will not be allowed to volunteer.
All volunteers must complete the Volunteer Form below.
All volunteers must sign our Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement and send to us or bring when you come to volunteer.
What to Wear and Bring
- Rubber Boots
- Personal Hand tools if you wish
- A light jacket (depending on the weather)
- Mosquito Repellent & Sunscreen
- You may want to bring a hat
- Best to wear long pants
- Vegan ONLY snacks if you’d like
Rowdy Girl Sanctuary is 50 miles south/southwest of Houston at:
5001 W HWY 35
Angleton, TX 77515
Mapping software has trouble finding our address so please type in Rowdy Girl Sanctuary in your GPS or follow these directions:
- Take 288 South towards Lake Jackson.
- Exit Highway 35 – Go West. (Turn right if you are coming from Houston)
- The Ranch is exactly 7 miles on the left.
- U-turn and enter through the second entrance (the driveway that leads to the house)