How to Visit
Thank you for reaching out regarding upcoming Public Tours at Rowdy Girl Sanctuary. On May 15th, Governor Abbott announced the opening of certain businesses and activities in the State of Texas. The COVID-19 pandemic has all of us concerned for our health and safety and our goal remains in keeping Rowdy Girl Sanctuary a workplace and sanctuary that is safe and free from known hazards. However, we are reopening to private tours of four people or less, under certain conditions, including maintaining social distancing as recommended by the CDC. Please see the Private Tours page for more information.
During this crisis, our beloved animals who call Rowdy Girl Sanctuary home still need us to be here and be healthy to keep them fed, cared for and loved. We are prioritizing the health and safety of our staff so that we can keep everyone safe. The best way to support us, the animals and our mission is by becoming a member. We now offer membership as low as $5 and $10 and up that includes streaming video live from the sanctuary. We hope you can join us. And please consider becoming a member of the Rowdy Girl Sanctuary herd!
IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR DONATION FOR THE APRIL 18 TOUR YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WHEN WE RESCHEDULE.
- Call (979) 314-9925 or 979-236-9009 (Tommy)
- Email email@example.com
- Tours must be prepaid in order to confirm your spot. REGISTER NOW (it will fill up quickly)
- LIMIT 40 PEOPLE PER TOUR.
- Visitors will be required to sign this “hold harmless” release when they get to the sanctuary.
- NO dogs or pets allowed
- Wear rubber boots
- Preferred long pants/jeans
- Light jacket and hat depending on weather
- Sun screen and mosquito repellent
- Bring vegan snacks to eat and share, if you want to
IF YOU’D LIKE TO GET INVOLVED AS A VOLUNTEER – GO HERE
Rowdy Girl Sanctuary is located in Waelder, TX, approximately 45 minutes from the Austin airport and 2 and 1/2 hours from Houston.
634 FM 1296
Waelder, TX 78959
Treats for the Animals
- Horses – they love carrots and apples
- Cows – they love apples, bananas, and pineapple
- Pigs – they love bananas, apples, pineapples, peanuts in shell, and watermelon
- Chickens – they love meal worms, blueberries, and watermelon